Broadcast Date: October 1, 2019 @ 16:00 – 17:00 BST; 17:00 – 18:00 CET; 08:00 – 09:00 PDT; 11:00 – 12:00 EDT
Join Fieldfisher and Nymity on Tuesday, October 1st for a webinar that will focus on accountability under the GDPR. Article 5(2) GDPR explicitly refers to accountability and reads "The controller shall be responsible for, and be able to demonstrate compliance with, paragraph 1 ("accountability")".
Without doubt, accountability underpins a controller's ability to confirm to others, whether that be a regulator, a business partner or a customer (individual and/or business) how they are accountable in their compliance measures, i.e., that they have not only implemented the GDPR but that they continue to proactively monitor and review their data protection operations and processes. Yet, despite the fact that accountability is fundamental to the GDPR, to many it remains a concept that is not always well understood.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Consider what is meant by the term “accountability” and what the individual DPAs are doing in this area
- Discuss how to demonstrate your organisation's capacity to comply with the GDPR through the implementation of an accountability approach. How do you bring the various compliance needs under GDPR together into a cohesive privacy program?
- Explain how to ensure your data protection policies and procedures are working in practice
- Present a couple of scenarios based upon individual aspects of accountability and discuss what is required from a compliance perspective
- Discuss what a regulator is likely to expect in terms of demonstrating accountability
- Clarify how accountability under GDPR can help you comply with other data protection and privacy laws around the world
- Debate who is responsible for accountability within an organisation