Broadcast Date: January 15, 2020 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST
In April 2016 the Republic of Turkey published an omnibus data protection act, The Law on the Protection of Personal Data w. no 6698, in the Official Gazette. One of the obligations under this law is to register all data processing operations with the supervisory authority KVKK. At the request of the Turkish business representatives, the deadline for this registration was first postponed until December 31, 2019 and with the latest decision of KVKK on 27th of December, 2019, the deadline for the registration is extended to June 30, 2020. However, it seems no further delay will be announced.
What do organizations need to do to comply with the Turkish Data Protection Act? What does the obligation to register all processing activities entail? And what are the risk of non-compliance? These questions and more will be answered in a special TrustArc -Nymity & Dentons hosted webinar on January 15, 2020.
- What are the legal requirements of the law?
- What is the regulatory/enforcement landscape?
- Demonstrating compliance with the Turkish law: taking an Accountability approach
- Using processing activities registered as the basis for the KVKK registration
- Staying up-to-date on Turkey's data protection laws
This webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit.